Saturday, July 30, 2011

Look What I Found: Shoes for Pete!!!

  

Like many of my blogging friends, I am head over heels in love with Pete the Cat.  Because of my love for him, I decided to make Pete my class mascot this year (sigh - that means my next purchase will have to be a stuffed Pete!!!!)  If you haven't met Pete yet, you really should.  Click here to find Pete on Amazon.




Since Pete is now my class mascot, that means I need SHOES!  Lots and lots of shoes.  So yesterday I went into Dollar Tree determined to find shoes - and I did!

SET #1    30 shoes per pack!!!   (The white paper in the background is 8 1/2"  X 11").


SET #2    15 shoes per pack
 


... and my fav: a banner with REALLY large red shoes! (... sorry cat not included!  But obviously this banner has the very important feline approval.)  The banner says "Put Your Best Foot Forward!"  At first I was going to just cut out the red shoes and toss the rest of the banner, but now I am thinking I will use the whole banner.  Hmmm .... Put your best foot forward just like Pete the Cat!  Sounds good!


Now I have to figure out exactly how to use all of these shoes!  But first, I have a date with my scissors because yesterday I laminated many of my gifts from my blogging friends!  

It's all good!  (or so says the very wise Pete and I choose to believe him!)

Camille

4 comments:

  1. Camille,
    This is precious. I love it. I have all kinds of shoe activities in my packet. I was just in Dollar Tree and mine did not have shoes (boohoo) cause I would have seen them. Thanks for sharing friend!
    Blog hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fran!!! I checked out the Pete the Cat stuffed animal on Amazon and it is only $11 so I am ordering one soon. (Just have to find enough other stuff so I get free shipping - but I KNOW that won't be a problem!)
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stuff! Pete will make a great class mascot! I finally went ahead and ordered myself a Pete the Cat stuffed animal yesterday along with the new book-I can't wait for them to arrive!
    ~Meredith
    Keen on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I have a Pete the Cat (my husband bought it for me for Christmas last year!) and I am looking forward to your hunt clues!
    http://thekindergartenteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete